Associate Director of Complex Systems Research Center
Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy Science
100190, No.55, Zhongguangun Dong Lu, Beijing, China
email: hanjing at amss dot ac dot cn
I am born in Foshan, Canton. When I was in middle school, I was thrilled with computer algorithm and data structures, finally I co-authored a book <Solving Problems by Searching and Programming> (1993, Zhongshan University Press). This earned me the entrance to univesity without the National Entrance Exam. The change point in my career was in spring 1998, I decided to work on Complex Systems when I read the book <Complexity>. I got my Ph.D. in Computer Science in July 2002 from department of Computer Science and Technology in University of Science and Technology of China(USTC). My thesis was on Multi-agent algorithms to Combinatorial Optimization Problems.I was selected as the 2000-2002 international fellow of the Santa Fe Institute. I worked as a joint post-doc of Institute of Systems Science of Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science(AMSS) of Chinese Academy of Sciences(China) and the Santa Fe Institute (USA) from Aug.2002 to June 2004. After that, I became faculty researcher of the Complex Systems Research Center in AMSS.
My other important position is the mother of a 6-year old little girl. She is another complex adaptive system that I am working very hard on.
My research areas are Complex Adaptive Systems, Collective Behavior and Intervention of Multi-Agent Systems, Combinatorial Optimization Problems and Combinaorial Games.I am curious about how complexity emerges. My dream is to write a program which can show open-ended evolution.
My current research projects are (1) Soft-control on Multi-agent Systems and (2) Game-based approach to Complex Adaptive Systems.
Game-based Approach to Complex Adaptive Systems:
Soft-Control on Collective Behavior:
- “Knowing More Is Less" in Combinatorial Games . *Han Jing, Han, H., Wang, X. (2012).(Accepted by 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Corresponding author ).
Multi-agent algorithms to Combinatorial Optimization Problems:
- Nondestructive Intervention to Multi-agent Systems Through an Intelligent Agent. *Jing Han, Lin Wang. PLoS ONE 8(5): e61542. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0061542. May, 2013.
- Special Agents Can Promote Cooperation in the Population. Xin Wang, *Jing Han, Huawei Han. PLoS ONE 6(12): e29182. doi:10.1371/journal.pone. 0029182, Dec. 2011.（Corresponding author ）
- New Strategy of the Shill:‘Consistent Moving’. *Jing Han, Lin Wang. Proceedings of the 29th Chinese Control Conference, p4459-4464, 2010, China. (Corresponding author )
- Soft Control on Collective Behavior of a Group of Autonomous Agents by a Shill Agent. *Jing HAN, Ming LI, Lei GUO. Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 19(1), pp54-62, 2006(Corresponding author )
- Local Evaluation Functions and Global Evaluation Functions for Computational Evolution.*Jing HAN. Complex Systems, Volume 15, Issue 3. 2005
- Multi-agent oriented constraint satisfaction. Jiming Liu, Han Jing, Yuan Y. Tang. Artificial Intelligence 136(1): 101-144, 2002
- From ALIFE Agents to a Kindom of N Queens. Han Jing, Liu Jiming and Qingsheng Cai. In Jiming Liu and Ning Zhong (Eds.), Intelligent Agent Technology: Systems, Methodologies, and Tools, page 110-120, The World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte, Ltd., Nov. 1999. (Nominated to be the best paper)
Demo and Talks ( If you can’t play the following AVI videos, please download the TSCC decoder , run it and then try again.)
- Demos for soft-control and for Game-based approach to CAS.
- Talk: Soft-control on Multi-agent Systems (avi, 45M ).
Workshop on Flocking,Swarming, and Control of Multi-Agent Systems, May 9-11, 2012.
- Talk: Soft-control on Multi-agent Systems (avi, 57M ). Complexity Methods Workshop. 2011-10.
- Talk: Consistent Moving Strategy of the Shill. 2010-7. CCC.
- Talk: From Game to Complex Adaptive Systems. The 2nd Cross-Strait Workshop on Controls, 2008-10.
- Talk: 多自主体系统集体行为的“软控制”(avi, 133M). 2009-6. 生物物理讲座之三
- SFI-Beijing Complex Systems Summer School (2004-2008)
Lecture 1: Combinatorial Optimization and Collective Behaviors
Lecture 2 : Individual, compartment and the Whole
Lecture 3: Soft-Control
- Talk: From Darwin to John Holland. 2006-6
- I taught a course <Multi-agent Systems> in 2007 Spring in AMSS and 2011 Spring in the Graduate School of Chinese Academy Sciences.